Former Spanish king’s ex-lover says she was threatened by spy chief

The ex-admirer of Spain’s previous lord Juan Carlos has told a court in Madrid of the “chilling” second when she guaranteed the top of the nation’s knowledge administrations undermined her and her kids on the ruler’s requests.

Corinna Larsen told the court Félix Sanz Roldán met her in London after her relationship with the ruler had finished to caution her that on the off chance that she didn’t adhere to his directions he was unable to promise her wellbeing. She guaranteed she later got back to her home in Switzerland where she found a book about the passing of Princess Diana and hence got an enigmatic call about passages, which she took to be a reference to the princess’ lethal mishap in 1997.

The charges came during a one-day slander preliminary brought by Sanz Roldán, the head of insight from 2009-19, against a previous cop, José Manuel Villarejo, who he guarantees stigmatized him in a 2017 television meet in which he said he had compromised Larsen’s life.

Villarejo, who has been on remand since 2017 and is anticipating preliminary on discrete charges including coercion, tax evasion and pay off, could look as long as two years in jail whenever sentenced in the defamation case and on another charge of submitting a bogus question.

Larsen, otherwise called Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein, claims she was aggrieved by Spanish knowledge specialists following the cut off of her association with Juan Carlos, who abandoned in 2014 in the midst of plunging prominence. She said in her sworn statement to the court in Madrid that dangers were made against her since she held “data and records concerning monetary and professional interactions of the lord emeritus and different individuals from the regal family unit”.

Giving proof by means of video interface from Westminster justices court in London on Friday morning, Larsen said she accepted specialists from a security firm following up for Spain’s public insight community (CNI) had involved her home and office in Monaco in April 2012, and that CNI officials proposed to take her archives, wipe PC documents and introduce observation gear.

After she was approached to clear her home and office for five days so they could be “cleared” by the specialists, she whined to Juan Carlos. The next day she got an email from a man she accepted to be Sanz Roldán, the CNI head, which guaranteed it had all been a misconception.

She advised the court Sanz Roldán came to see her a month later at the Connaught lodging in London acting at the lord’s command.

“The overall clarified different conditions and guidelines and suggestions that I ought to follow,” said Larsen.

“He said except if I followed them, he was unable to ensure my actual security or the actual wellbeing of my youngsters. Obviously [the words] scared me. I figure anybody would be panicked. The way that the top of the Spanish insight administrations ventured out to London to meet me was chilling in itself.”

Larsen at that point got back to her home in Villars-sur-Ollon in Switzerland, where she found that a duplicate of a book about the passing of Princess Diana had been left on her foot stool.

Promptly the next day, she told the court, she got a call from an obscure number and was told, in Spanish, that there were “numerous passages among Monaco and Pleasant”. The call, said Larson, got back “the truth of the dangers and of the peril I ended up in”.

She said she had met Villarejo in April 2015 after perhaps the dearest companion disclosed to her Villarejo had data about how the CNI expected to involve her in crime. It was during that two-hour meeting that Larsen advised him of the gathering at the Connaught and what she portrayed as the dangers from Sanz Roldán.

Sanz Roldán denied giving any dangers when he gave proof on Friday and said Villarejo’s remarks during the television meet were obviously false.

“I have never under any circumstance compromised a lady or a kid – ever,” he told the court. He said his quality in London in May 2012 involved freely available report yet he was unable to state any more since he was dependent upon the laws administering knowledge work. In any case, he focused on the CNI was just permitted to work in Spanish region and inside Spanish laws.

The public investigator dropped the slander body of evidence against Villarejo later on Friday yet the state’s lawyer didn’t go with the same pattern.

Juan Carlos declared he was leaving Spain in August after a progression of harming claims about his monetary plans that have spoiled the government and humiliated his child, Lord Felipe VI, who has stripped him of his yearly allowance.

It is asserted in records from the Swiss investigators that Juan Carlos got a $100m “gift” from the ruler of Saudi Arabia that he put in a seaward record in 2008. After four years he purportedly talented €65m from the record to Larsen.